IEC 60364-4-42:2010+AMD1:2014 CSV
Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 4-42: Protection forsafety - Protection against thermal effects
- thermal effects, combustion or degradation of materials, and risk of burns caused by electrical equipment,
- flames in case of a fire hazard being propagated from electrical installations to other fire compartments segregated by barriers which are in the vicinity, and
- the impairment of the safe functioning of electrical equipment including safety services.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2001, and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- The scope now includes protection against all thermal effects and flames in case of a fire hazard being propagated from electrical installations to other fire compartments segregated by barriers which are in the vicinity.
- Requirements associated with escape routes for evacuation in an emergency have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with the nature of processed or stored materials have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with combustible constructional materials have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with fire propagating structures have been modified slightly.
- New requirements for the selection and erection of installations in locations which might endanger precious goods have been added.
- Protection against overheating now includes space heating appliances. This consolidated version consists of the third edition (2010) and its amendment 1 (2014). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shockrss|
|ICS||29.120.50 - Fuses and other overcurrent protection devices|
91.140.50 - Electricity supply systems
|File size||1608 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.