Electrostatics - Part 4-4: Standard test methods for specific applications - Electrostatic classification of flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBC)
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 61340-4-4:2018 RLV
IEC 61340-4-4:2018 specifies requirements for flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBC) between 0,25 m3 and 3 m3 in volume, intended for use in hazardous explosive atmospheres. The explosive atmosphere can be created by the contents in the FIBC or can exist outside the FIBC. The requirements include:
– classification and labelling of FIBC;
– classification of inner liners;
– specification of test methods for each type of FIBC, inner liner, labels and document pockets;
– design and performance requirements for FIBC, inner liners, labels and document pockets;
– safe use of FIBC (including those with inner liners) within different zones defined for explosion endangered environments, described for areas where combustible dusts are, or can be, present (IEC 60079-10-2), and for explosive gas atmospheres (IEC 60079-10-1);
– procedures for type qualification and certification of FIBC, including the safe use of inner liners. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2012, and Amendment 1:2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) in light of experimental evidence, the maximum resistance to ground limit for Type C FIBC, and corresponding resistance limits for inner liners used in Type C FIBC has been increased from 10 M ohms to 100 M ohms;
b) the classification of Type L1 inner liners has been revised and extended to include Type L1C inner liners made from multi-layer materials with a conductive internal layer;
c) a labelling requirement to include a reference to IEC TS 60079-32-1 for guidance on earthing has been added.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 101 - Electrostaticsrss|
|ICS||17.220.99 - Other standards related to electricity and magnetism|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
55.080 - Sacks. Bags
|File size||2009 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.