Test on gases evolved during combustion of materials from cables - Part 2: Determination of acidity (by pH measurement) and conductivity
- improved definition of safety requirements relating to capture of gases;
- introduction of guidance on the preparation of test specimens for more even combustion;
- better expression of tolerances and precision;
- clarification of the conductivity and acidity functions;
- improved definition of the heating procedure;
- greater precision in the definition of the test temperature for the determination of pH value and conductivity;
- correction of the formulae for the calculation of the test results.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 20 - Electric cablesrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
29.060.20 - Cables
|File size||1187 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.