Information technology - Multimedia application format (MPEG-A) - Part 16: Publish/Subscribe Application Format
The PubSub parties are: Publisher, Subscriber, Match Service Provider (MSP) and Consumer and the formats employed are Resource Information (RI), Publication Information (PI), Subscription Information (SI) and Notification Information (NI).
ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 specifies RI, PI, SI and NI in such a way that typical multimedia communication requirements can be supported. The following is a non-exhaustive list of such requirements.
The Publisher can:
- describe the Resource for consumption purposes,
- define the contract that will bind the Publisher and a Consumer,
- request a device to report use of the Resource,
- describe the Resource for distribution purposes,
- define the contract that will bind the Publisher and a Match Service Provider (MSP) of a match involving the Publication, and
- request the MSP to notify/not to notify a list of users.
The Subscriber can:
- query the Resource,
- define the contract that will bind the Subscriber and a Match Service Provider (MSP), and
- request the MSP to notify/not to notify a list of users of a match involving the Subscription.
ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 does not specify the protocols used to carry these payloads.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 - Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia informationrss|
|ICS||35.040.40 - Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information|
|File size||572 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.